The pandemic has taught us that when you take care of yourself, you’re also taking care of your family, friends, and community. As we navigate our new normal, it’s important to adopt more healthful habits that will boost our physical and mental well-being. Self-care is a sustainable and a holistic investment in our minds and bodies. It includes taking good care of our physical health, most notably by eating healthily, exercising, and sleeping well.
Start 2022 by redefining what self-care is. Self-care is not just making time to recharge your batteries with a nap, meditation or by taking a break— although all those things count.
Self-care ultimately is about setting priorities, establishing boundaries, and finding purpose. Self-care is different for everyone. Here are some self-care tips to help you make prioritise yourself in 2022. Choose one or try them all.
Activities that help you to stay fit and healthy, and with enough energy to get through your work and personal commitments.
· Develop a regular sleep routine.
· Aim for a healthy diet.
· Take lunch breaks.
· Go for a walk at lunchtime.
· Get some exercise before/after work regularly.
Activities that help you to feel clear-headed and able to engage with the professional challenges that are encountered in your work and personal life.
· Keep a reflective journal.
· Play your favourite song.
· Engage with a non-work hobby.
· Turn off your email and work phone outside of work hours.
· Make time for relaxation.
· Make time to engage with positive friends and family.
Allowing yourself to safely experience your full range of emotions.
· Develop friendships that are supportive.
· Write three good things that you did each day.
· Play a sport and have a coffee together after training.
· Go to the cinema or do something else you enjoy.
· Talk to you friend about how you are coping with work and life demands.